Who Can Be a Missionary
Here are a few characteristics we look for in missionaries:
* A vibrant relationship with and love for God.
* Healthy relationships characterized by love and godliness.
* Fruits of the Spirit bearing forth.
* Commitment to and support from a local church body.
* Humility and teachability.
* Passion for God’s glory through sacrifice.
There are, of course, other qualifications for specific roles and ministries. However, we want to see people surrendered to Christ first. With that as a start we build on the particular skills each person brings.
Our personnel work together to make South America Mission effective in the work God has entrusted to us. Each person contributes through their particular gifts and talents. Together, we work to obey God and bring Him glory.
For a more extensive discussion of calling and qualifications, please read “The Marks of a Missionary” or request a copy by e-mailing mobilization@SouthAmericaMission.org.